Starfish, Duck and Sea Turtle
(Étoile de mer, Canard et Tortue de mer)
- For these 3 levels, where the child is with you in the water, we suggest you do not wait the end of the session to reregister. These levels are based on the age of your child and our staff can register you for the following sessions.
- These swimming levels are focused mainly for the parents. The objective is to show you what you can do with your child in the water and to practice the swimming technics at home.
- Only one adult is required with the child in the water. It doesn't have to be the same adult for all the lessons.
- In order to not overcrowd the waiting space, we suggest that families wait until the third lesson to come and watch the swimming lessons.
Sea Otter (Loutre de mer)
- This level is for children over 3 years old. In this level, the parent will gradually be asked to get out of the water. For the first lesson, all parents should be in bathing suits and ready to get in the water with their child.
- In the following lessons, the parent will gradually get out of the water so the child will learn to be by himself in the water and will learn aquatic abilities without the parent.
- If your child still has difficulties by himself after the third lesson, the supervisor is available to help him.
Salamander, Moonfish,Crocodile and Whale
(Salamandre, Poisson-Lune, Crocodile et Baleine)
- For these levels, parents are not required in the water.
- Because your child will always be touching the bottom of the pool, no floaters are allowed for the lessons. In these levels, your child will learn floating abilities without floating devices. We will provide floaters if required for certain activities.
- If your child does not want to go in the water by himself, the supervisor is available to help him.
- The main objective of these levels is to acquire aquatic abilities and to learn safety notions in and around the pool. Your child will also learn to enjoy water activities and to be aware of dangers that can happen in and out the pool.
- For Salamandre and Poisson-Lune, the majority of the lessons will be in the shallow end of the pool.
- For Crocodile and Baleine, the lessons will be as well in the shallow end or the deep end of the pool.
- If it is the first time that your child follows swimming lessons by himself, he may cry during the first lesson. The supervisor will be available to help him. We suggest for the parent to move outside of the pool area. This will help the child concentrate during the lesson.
- All children over 5 years old should register in Junior 1 even if it is their first swimming lesson.
- When your child is over 6 years old and wants to register for swimming lessons for the first time with us, in order to put him in the right level, please contact us at 450-433-0638 to schedule an evaluation for your child in the pool with one of our supervisor. It can be possible that your child is above Junior 1 level.
- In Junior 1, after the fourth lesson, children with some difficulties will receive a mid-term evaluation indicating what they need to practice.
Junior 2 to 10
- For these levels, all the children will receive a mid-term evaluation after the fourth lesson. This evaluation will indicate which technics they need to practice to pass the level. This mid-term evaluation is a good indication of the progress made by your child.
- Usually, children will pass one junior level per year for the first six levels (Junior 1 to Junior 6). We suggest children to practice in a pool the technical notions learned during the lessons.
- For the first lesson, we strongly suggest that you arrive to the pool in advance in order to familiarize yourself with the environment (parking lot, restrooms, etc.)
- Locker rooms are available for you and your child to change. A '' vestiaire familial'' is available for you and your child to change at the beginning and at the end of the lessons. There is toilets, showers, lockers and blow-dryers available for you.
- There is also 6 changing cabins directly around the pool. These places are limited and you cannot leave any personal effects in the changing cabins during the swimming lessons.
- In the ''vestiaire familial'' , there is sufficient places to change.
- At the first lesson, if you have already paid the swimming lessons, you can wait at the waiting area. The swimming teacher will take the attendances and the lesson will begin.
- If the lessons are not paid, it is important to go see the supervisor with your invoice to make the payment before the beginning of the first lesson.
- It is important to keep a copy of your invoice for your first lesson.
- For the levels Étoile de mer to Baleine (Children under 5 years old) you don't need to wait until the last lesson to register for the following sessions. The supervisor is available to answer any questions about registrations.
- You can register up to 1 year before the beginning of the lessons and you will have the first choice to register for the same session next year.
- When your child is over 6 years old and wants to register for swimming lessons for the first time with us, in order to put him in the right level, we suggest that you contact us at 450-433-0638 to schedule an evaluation for your child in the pool with a supervisor. It can be possible that your child is above Junior 1 level.
- If your child has previously taken swimming lessons in another pool, we suggest you come for an evaluation because our evaluation criteria are different from one pool to another. Therefore, your child might not be in the same level at our pool than at your previous pool.
- All information regarding your registrations are available in your Amilia account. Amilia is available on the web at www.amilia.com
- When you register, you have two weeks to make a payment. You can pay with a credit card, with us on the phone or on amilia.com, you can also send us a check or pay directly at the pool during operating hours. If you don't pay your swimming lessons within two weeks, your reservation will be cancelled.
- If your child is not present at the last lesson, we keep the report card from the Croix-Rouge for one year at the pool and it is available for you to come and get it during our operating hours.
- Swimming lessons are given in a French environment but our qualified instructors will gladly speak English to the children who are more comfortable in English.
- It is prohibited to sit down near the windows around the pool during the swimming lessons. To watch the lessons, there are sufficient places to sit in the waiting area.
- In order to keep the pool area clean, it is forbidden to walk around the pool with your shoes or your boots.